Our next in-person meeting is fast approaching. The FEN General Membership meeting is scheduled for Friday, October 28, 2022 at the Grand Hyatt, Tampa Bay, Florida.
Please plan to join us for this half day meeting. Please complete the form on this page to confirm your attendance.
This response will help us plan for the FEN-sponsored continental breakfast service.
We are looking forward to seeing you on Friday, October 28, 2022 at the Grand Hyatt, Tampa Bay, Florida for this great half-day of learning and sharing.
The meeting agenda will run from 8:30am to 1:00pm and will include:
Welcome – Thomas Bolling, President of FEN, Kevin Watson, Executive Director
Opening – Dr. Marie Whelan, Chief Human Capital Officer, Hillsborough School District & Danielle Shotwell, General Manager for Employee relations and Chief Negotiator, Hillsborough County School District.[
- Legislative platforms – Discussion and recommendations for improving the statutes for budgeting, labor relations and contract management.” John Boyd, Director of Government and Labor Relations – Osceola School District.
- Implementing TSIA – A panel discussion to provide perspectives from districts under and over the $47,500 threshold. Lead by Thomas Bolling, Associate Superintendent for Support Services – Putnam School District & Mark West, Chief Human Resource Officer – Volusia School District.
- Supplement Pay – off the schedule but on our minds. A panel discussion on supplements: costs, uses, tactics and tips. Lead by Kathy Scalise, Director of
- Employee Relations – Pasco County School District and Past President accompanied by John Boyd, Director of Government and Labor Relations – Osceola School District, LeighAnn Blackmore, Director of Labor Relations – Orange County Public Schools.
- District Reports – Your district reports, discussion of challenges and new issues.
FEN agenda 10-28-2022
2022 Legislative Session Highlights Osceola
CFO Budget Recommendations
2023 HCPS Legislative Platform